In-State Tuition for Washington State Residents
To pay resident tuition for your SPSCC classes, you must:
- be a US citizen, have a US permanent resident card, or have a qualifying visa (A, E, G, H1, I, K, or L),
- have lived in Washington primarily for purposes other than education for the year before classification as residents, and
- submit a printed, signed original copy of your Residency Questionnaire to Enrollment Services within the first 30 days of the quarter.
You may also qualify for resident tuition through House Bill 1079.
Information on establishing residency can be found here.
There are different residency requirements for students who are:
- American Indians
- Military Personnel
- H, E, or L visa-holders
- Residency for Independent vs. Dependent Students
- Residents Absent from the State
- Eligible Non-Citizens
For more information, see Info Center > Residency.