The Financial Services Certificate is designed for persons interested in entry-level positions in the banking and financial services industry.
At the completion of the Financial Services Certificate, the successful student will be able to:
- Analyze and evaluate alternatives that lead to successful accomplishment of organizational objectives
- Create and present information in written, oral, and symbolic forms to clearly convey business information
- Formulates strategies to collect and evaluate quantitative and qualitative data to support organizational objectives
- Recognize and assesses ethical dilemmas in the workplace
- Recognize and adapt interpersonal behaviors and communication styles to effectively collaborate in a multicultural world
In addition, students who complete the program will demonstrate the following skills standards:
- Prepare business documents such as written reports, oral and visual presentations
- Present data using current software applications
- Solve practical problems in business, including percentages, payroll, simple and compound interest, trade discounts, markups, depreciation and overhead allocation
- Create and maintain positive customer relations by understanding the practices that foster customer retention and loyalty
- Develop the interpersonal skills necessary to build effective on-going customer relationships
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations
A Financial Services Certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of a minimum of 40 credits in courses numbered 100 or above. All core and General Education requirements must be met.
Admission: Students are accepted into the program every quarter.
Length of Program: Full-time students would typically complete a 40-credit program in four quarters, after basic skills and/or pre-college are complete.
Special Program Note: Students entering the Financial Services Certificate or Business AAS program should take the Placement test prior to enrolling in the program. This test will determine whether students need to take basic skills and/or pre-college courses. Please call (360) 754-7711, ext. 4625 for additional information.
ASSOCIATE IN APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE OPTION: If a degree is desired, 40 credits can be applied toward the Business Administration degree.
Additional Program Information
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Certificate of Proficiency
Shared between our Certificate and Degree
General Education Requirements
Additional Communication: Choose one of the following:
Computation: Choose one of the following:
Effective Catalog Year 2017-2018, Revised March 2, 2012