This year, the College Foundation awarded more scholarships than ever — 350 scholarships and grants totaling over $450,000 — awards range from $500 to $3,500. Endowed scholarships are awarded contingent upon availability of funds. For more information:
- Contact Financial Aid, 360-596-5232, for Advantage Scholarships & other Emergency Grants
- See Scholarship Opportunities for selected external scholarship applications.
How to Apply
Students apply for all available scholarships through one online application. To be eligible for a Foundation scholarship, apply online during one of the application cycles, see dates and deadlines below. Applicants are matched with scholarship criteria and are reviewed and scored by a group of volunteers and staff. Applicants who are selected attend a scholarship orientation, sign up to receive the scholarship, and attend the Scholarship Reception held in the fall.
2017-18 Foundation Scholarship Awards
The application cycle for 2017-18 awards is now closed.
Summer/Fall 2017 Scholarship Applications
Nursing, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, and FEST students only: Applications accepted July 3-August 10, 2017.
All Scholarship Applicants: Applications accepted September 4-October 6, 2017.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply to the college: spscc.edu/start
- Complete your scholarship application by the deadline: spscc.academicworks.com
To complete your scholarship application, you’ll need to upload:
- Biographical Essay: Prepare a one- or two-page essay on the topic of: yourself, your journey, and what your education at SPSCC means for you.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: Start early gathering letters from teachers, employers or community members.
- Transcripts: Gather high school and/or college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Income Information: Find income information from your most recent tax return (and your parent’s income if applicable).
- Submit your FAFSA application: fafsa.ed.gov