Washington State Department of Veteran Affairs (NOT THE VA)
- Washington State Department of Veteran Affairs is separate from the federal VA.
They work with veterans on many issues. Their records do not connect to any service record.
Thurston County Veterans Assistance Fund
- The Thurston County Veterans’ Assistance Fund helps eligible veterans or family members with rent, mortgage, power, water, garbage, food, bus passes and burial.
Veteran-Based Organizations Supporting other Veterans
- National Veterans Foundation: http://nvf.org/
- Vets Meet Vets: http://www.vetsmeetvets.org/
- Veterans of Foreign Wars: http://www.vfw.org/
Veterans Homelessness Prevention Program
- The Veterans Homelessness Prevention Program offers supportive services and temporary rental assistance and/or rapid re-housing for veterans. Please call them for more information. 1-855-468-8387