Commitment to Diversity Our mission is to provide quality educational opportunities to a richly diverse community. South Puget Sound Community College fosters inclusiveness at our campuses, honors diversity and encourages compassion for individual expression. We promote inclusiveness and equity on our campus and in the community.Therefore, South Puget Sound Community College commits itself to creating and maintaining a learning community and a work environment that:
- Reflects a culturally diverse world-view;
- Respects the cultural perspectives of our community members and encourages them to learn freely from each other;
- Promotes the value of diversity and equality in our communication and publications; in our activities and curricula; and in our priorities and resources;
- Acknowledges that diversity is diverse, both visible and invisible, and includes ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, national origin, disabilities, and cultural background;
- Practices understanding;
- Protects free speech and the right to differing views; and
- Preserves academic freedom.
South Puget Sound Community College welcomes, values and supports all who work and study here.