The Technology Fee was instituted Fall 2013 to support expenditures on campus technology to support teaching and learning.
All requests for Technology Fee funding will be vetted by the Chief Information Officer and the Executive Team.
Guiding Principles for Technology Fee Expenditures:
- The technology fee is to be used for one-time purchases to support software, hardware, or other devices that support the greater student population - Examples include:
- The purchase of the Library's new catalog system which serves all students
- Support for the classroom computer lifecycle program (however, not to cover faculty and staff office computers)
- The purchase of Altiris software to manage classroom computer imaging
- The salaries of part time technical support for classrooms and the student help desk
- Technology fee purchases should be demonstrably supportive of the College's strategic plan and core themes
- Tech fee spending is not to assume ongoing maintenance or salary expenditures across multiple years
- Tech fee spending is not to support program specific software or hardware
- Tech fee spending is not to supplant or supplement specific grant-funded technology purchases when the grant has expired
To provide guidance in the stewardship of the student technology fee to support campus technology purchases aligned with the College's strategic plan
All Faculty and Staff who seek funding for technology from the Technology Fee