Permission for the posting of materials and literature on college property is not required in designated posting areas on the campus.
Permission for the posting of materials and literature on college property shall be obtained from the following college officials:
- The Dean of Student Life for the posting of materials in non-designated areas in the student union building, the college center, hallways, within buildings, and those areas located on campus outside of college buildings.
- No posting will be allowed on railings unless paint protection devices are used. Permission for any such postings must have the prior approval of the Dean of Student Life.
- The appropriate college vice president for permission for the dissemination and distribution of materials in other areas of the college campus, buildings, or facilities.
In addition, the following apply to the posting of materials:
4. No posting of obscene materials.
5. No materials will be posted or tacked on trees or the covered walkway gazebo(s).
There are four (4) types of boards for the posting of materials:
- Public boards: These boards are open for public posting of information. Separate boards are available to general posting (housing rental information, educational transfer information, and for individuals selling/buying personal items such as bikes, furniture, etc). To serve the largest number and to allow fr fair access for all individuals, materials posted on these general-use boards will remain in place for a period of two (2) weeks. Following this period, the entire board will be cleared off by the Office of Student Life. It is the responsibility of the individual(s) posting their materials to retrieve their information prior to the clearing of the board if they wish to retain them. Materials posted on public boards are not screened for content prior to posting.
- Student Club Boards: Individual recognized student clubs are responsible for posting on these boards. The Office of Student Life will remove all materials posted every two weeks.
- Student Activity/Student Senate Board: These boards will be maintained by a representative for each of these groups. It is the responsibility of these representatives to remove all materials posted every two weeks.
- College Boards: Instruction announcements, class cancellations, class changes, grades, registration information, construction announcements and other college information are posted on these boards by respective administrative offices.
Space for the posting of banners is limited and should be reserved in advance in the Student Life Office. Individuals/groups securing reserved space will be given priority for the posting of banners. All banners must meet certain specifications:
- Banners must not be more than five feet in length and five feet in width.
- Banners must clearly state the date, time, and location of the campus event, as well as the name of the sponsoring student club/organization. Banners without this information will not be posted.
- Banners will be displayed no more than one week prior to the date of the event.
- Banners will not be displayed that promote or encourage discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran.
Banner space can be reserved by contact the Student Life Office. Banners are to be delivered to the Student Lift Office on the day they are to be displayed. Student life staff will dispose of the banners after the event, unless otherwise requested. Only Student Life staff may hang and remove banners. Banners posted without approval will be removed.