Transcripts are released only if all financial obligations to South Puget Sound Community College have been met. Transcripts are withheld if any obligations to the college, financial or otherwise, are not fulfilled.
All official transcripts are ordered online at www.parchment.com (as of October 3, 2016).
- The site will walk you through creating your Parchment Account, placing your order, including delivery options, fees, and the electronic consent form that must be signed. You can track your order online by logging in to your Parchment account at any time.
- Orders can be placed using VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, OR AMERICAN EXPRESS. The cost is $6.00 for electronic delivery and $8.50 for paper transcript delivery. Expedited and Overnight shipping is available for an additional charge for paper transcripts, but please note that choosing expedited shipping does not reduce the processing time for your order, which may take 3 to 5 business days to process. Expedited shipping applies only to the shipping method once your transcript order has been processed.
- Transcripts can be sent electronically, mailed, or picked up in person. If Parchment does not have an electronic submission option for your recipient, Enrollment Services will still send electronically if possible through our Washington State College System. If you would like to pick up your transcript in-person, choose “South Puget Sound Community College” as your recipient. This is the only way we will know to keep your transcript for you to pick up.
- If you would like documents uploaded to go with your transcript (law school or nursing forms), contact Enrollment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with your document (jpg or pdf file) PRIOR to placing your order. Include “transcript order” in the subject line, and every effort will then be made to add that document to your order.
- If you want current quarter grades or degrees to appear on your transcript, wait until 2 weeks before the end of the quarter to turn in your request.
- Transcripts will not be released to another party or institution without prior written consent of the student. An order placed through Parchment constitutes your written consent. Picture ID is required when picking up transcripts in person.
- Transcripts are typically mailed in 3-5 business days, unless you have an outstanding financial obligation or another hold on your records. This does not include delivery time of the US Postal Service. Transcripts are processed in the order they are received and processing may take longer during SPSCC peak times.
- If you do not have a credit/debit card, you may order transcripts in person at the One-Stop on main campus or the Lacey Campus. Processing time is within 7-10 business days.
If you need a transcript immediately, transcripts can be ordered on demand at the One-Stop in Building 22 on main campus or at the Lacey Campus. The cost is $25.00 per transcript and requests are processed in-person, for pick up only.
An unofficial transcript is an unsigned copy of your academic record available at https://secure.spscc.ctc.edu/cis/access/waci002.html, login with your Student Identification Number (SID) and Global PIN (date of birth – mmddyy). If you do not know your SID, please refer to https://secure.spscc.ctc.edu/cis/access/waci240.html.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student records and they cannot be released without written permission and photo identification.
We have authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide instant Enrollment or Degree/Certificate Verifications Online at mystudentcenter.org. Enrollment Services will no longer provide these. If your third party requester is a member they can verify directly online.
Students can verify their own enrollment and registration for future quarters by going to https://secure.spscc.ctc.edu/clear/. By clicking on the link, you will be leaving South Puget Sound’s website.
Through this site students are able to:
- Print an Enrollment Verification Certificate for health insurers, housing providers, or other organizations requiring proof of enrollment.
- Obtain a list of student loan lenders and link to real-time loan information.
- View enrollment verifications to student service providers that have been made per a student request or the service provider’s request (with student consent).
- See which of lenders have received notification of enrollment with the National Clearinghouse.
After the 10th day of the quarter, if enrolled in courses and unable to verify enrollment through the website above, please contact the One-Stop in Building 22. The One-Stop can also review good student discount verifications for insurance and other agencies. Students must bring necessary paperwork to be filled out.
Military ID Card Renewal:
Complete and submit the Enrollment Verification form
- Students must provide a photo ID (ex: driver's license, ASB, passport, military ID, etc.)
- If submitting request electronically, a copy of photo ID must be with the request form.
- If photo ID is not readable, request may be denied until a readable copy is provided.
- Requests are to be submitted to Enrollment Services using one of the following methods:
- In person, Building 22, Main Olympia Campus
- Fax to: (360) 596-5709
- Email to: email@example.com